- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 anchovy fillet, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- 9 oz sun-dried tomatoes, preserved in olive oil, coarsely chopped
- 10 oz tomatoes, skinned, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1 lb dried pasta
- 3 tbsp fresh ricotta
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
This delicious mixture of fresh and sun-dried tomatoes makes a lovely sweet-flavored sauce that is perfect with any shape of pasta. The addition of the ricotta at the very end adds a lovely creamy texture to the overall dish. This is one of my favorite Italian recipes. Mangiare!
1 – Gently warm the oil in a pan, then add the onion, celery, and anchovy and cook until the vegetables are soft.
2 – Add the sun-dried tomatoes to the pan and cook very gently for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, then add the fresh tomatoes. Stir, then cover and simmer gently for about 20 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened and glossy.
3 – Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Tip in the pasta, then stir and return to a boil. When the pasta is ready, drain quickly and return to the pan it was cooked in.
4 – Pour the sauce over the pasta, then toss together thoroughly and add the ricotta and a little pepper.
5 – Toss again and tip out onto a serving platter or into a warmed pasta bowl, or onto individual plates. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.
Serves 4 to 6