- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 medium-size green pepper, halved, cored and finely chopped
- 1 large or 2 medium-sized eggplants, washed, dried, ends trimmed, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 canned Italian plum tomatoes, wel drained, halved, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp minced Italian parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
Select glossy, firm eggplant for this very simple but tasty Italian dish.
1 – In a 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and pepper; saute, stirring constantly, until soft but not brown, for about 3 minutes. Add eggplant and saute until barely tender, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in parsley and freshly grated Parmigiano cheese. Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
Serves 6 to 8