- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes (or Italian style stewed tomatoes)
- Italian spices
- 2 medium zucchinis, diced or thinly sliced (2 ½ cups) **
- 1 cup macaroni or 4 lasagna noodles, broken up
Slow Cooker Fresh Veggie Lasanga
This Veggie lasagna recipe was brought to us by one of our readers. Thanks Donna for sharing this easy Italian recipe.
1 – In a small bowl, mix together Mozzarella, Ricotta, Parmesan, egg, oregano, and garlic powder.
2 – Spread 1/2 can of stewed tomatoes (broken up) on bottom of pot. Sprinkle Italian spices over tomatoes. Sprinkle 1/3 of zucchini over sauce and top with 1/3 of cheese mixture. Spread 1/3 of macaroni over cheese mixture. (If using lasagna noodles, spread 1/3 of noodles over cheese mixture.) Repeat layering, ending with remaining tomatoes and spices. Firmly press ingredients into pot.
3 – Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours. Allow lasagna to rest 20 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.
** Variation: 1 Medium zucchini (1 1/4 cups)
1 bag (6 oz.) fresh baby spinach
Serves 4 to 6